THE EFFECT OF THE NUMBER OF FOREIGN TOURIST VISITS AND THE NUMBER OF HOTEL OCCUPATIONS ON RECEIPT OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY PDRB SUB SECTOR IN JEMBER DISTRICT 2005-2018
Main Article Content
This study aims to determine how much influence the number of tourist arrivals and hotel occupancy on the acceptance
of the PDRB sectors of the tourism industry in Jember Regency 2004-2013. The data used is a time series data of the
Central Bureau of Statistics and the Department of tourism. This study used quantitative research methods and using
partial addjustmen model using time series processor. In this study, the independent variables are foreign tourists (W1)
and hotel (H2) while the dependent variable is the PDRB (R). Results of the research by using multiple regression
analysis known and simultaneous regression test (Test F) note that F-stat 59.69 confident below 1 percent showed that
foreign tourists and hotels a significant effect on the PDRB in theJember Regency. Partial regression test (t test) showed
that the variables of foreign tourists and the hotel had a significant effect on the PDRB of Jember Regency. The
magnitude of the effect that the (R 2) of 0.95. So, that’s to be mean of PDRB as the dependent variable is able to be
explained by the independent variables namely foreign tourists and hotels amounted to 95% and the remaining 5% is
explained by variables - other variables outside the research.
Keyword: foreign tourists, Hotel, PDRB Jember.